My Life In 2019
I had a great job, a home practice, a great house on the lake, an amazing hubby who works hard and is helpful and supportive of me no matter what I do,
even though all of this awesomeness was all around me, I still felt like something was missing.
Like life was passing by quicker than the shake of a lambs tail.
The days felt like they were flying by, months were like a blip in my memory...all the while I was spinning my wheels tying to accomplish big life goals and dreams but I always felt like I was ten steps behind.
There was pressure to "do all the things". Early retirement was the goal.
I’m Lana, The BodyMind Coach, specializing in helping women to balance their hearts desires with their physical health and happiness.
It starts with listening to your body and discovering your unique gifts so you can find your purpose in this world.
I can help you enjoy the life you've always wanted without having to sacrifice your health to find it.
I would be concocting brilliant ideas of new goals and dreams every day to add to my already long list of goals and dreams!
For someone who has a pretty big imagination, I would be concocting brilliant ideas of new goals and dreams every day to add to my already long list of goals and dreams! I'd get so excited and hyped up about an idea I'd had and the next thing I knew, I'd be stressing about how I could afford that, how would that fit into the current plan and I kept trying to control the outcome of it and always getting get nowhere.
Then I'd start feeling sad...
Then I'd start feeling sad, then really sad, then downright depressed. Then the negative self talk kicked in...I'll never get to do this, I'll never feel accomplished, I'll never...this that and the other...then my body would ache and I'd get a headache and I'd be tired...oh so tired.
Never getting to what I wanted and only feeling worse...
Around and around I would go, spinning my wheels and never getting to what I wanted and only feeling worse and worse. The worst part was, I had no idea how to fix this on my own. I knew needed help but I had no idea who to ask or what to do because...well, what really was my problem anyway? It was hard to put into words and I didn't really know what I needed I just knew it wasn't this.
I was always waiting for some magical thing to happen
Looking back I am amazed at how little I actually enjoyed my life, considering how blessed I was (still am!). I was always waiting for some magical thing to happen (you know like wining the lottery or winning a beauty contest...think Monopoly LOL) where I could finally retire early and have an online business where I only worked 4 hours a week and own vacation rentals with money pouring in left right and center... etc etc.
Then one day, everything changed when I made a life changing decision that shifted my life in a direction I could have never imagined.
In this moment, I had a choice...
And yet, at the same time, I could feel this gentle, sweet, compelling little voice inside me gently pulling my body forward, despite my brain's protest.
In this moment, I had a choice:
To listen to my brain's cries of fear and scarcity, where I would keep spinning my wheels, struggling to make my dreams come true and chasing that ever out of reach carrot......
or I could see where this gentle soothing voice that was literally taking over my body, was leading me....
Guess what I chose?
Yup, the little voice coming from my body. And boy am I glad I did.
If you've found yourself in this same situation and you can't quite make that decision to follow your heart, I am here for you friend.
It's my life's work to help people like you heed that sweet gentle voice that always knows best.
I would love to hear your story and see if I can be of help so please reach out to me and we'll take on our powerful minds together.
Much Love & Light,
You deserve the life of your dreams.
And your dream life starts with discovering your self. Take the first step into your best life by booking a Discovery Call today.
A few more things that you might find interesting about me…
I've struggled with chronic pain for over 16 years. It started with a snowboarding accident and snowballed into multiple whiplash injuries from car accidents to slip and falls.
I've been through the gauntlet of injury - therapy - exercise - repeat so many times I've lost count. It wasn't until last year that I've finally learned how to shift out of pain for good and have been living pain free ever since.
Believe me when I tell you, I know what you're going through. I've felt your pain. Sometimes it feels like there's no way out of this chronic pain cycle but trust me, if I could find my way out, so can you. Just know, I'm here for you and will support you all the way to the finish line.
I spent most of my summers living it up at my grandparents campground. The other kids and I would run around in our bathing suits all day catching frogs (now I catch frogs to save them from the lawnmower), swimming, eating Popsicle's on the dock and lounging on the beach.
We used to make secret hideouts out of pine tree branches in the woods and spend our evenings roasting marshmallows at the campfire while telling ghost stories. You could say that being in nature is in my blood. There's something so special about waking up early, getting out in the canoe and watching the sunrise over the fog covered water that makes my heart sing!
As I'm sure you can imagine, today, you can find me living my dream life in a house on a beautiful lake filled with picturesque lily pads, swans and frogs. I'm a hop skip and a jump away from some of the most beautiful beaches in Ontario and I can't imagine living anywhere else...except maybe deeper into the forest 🙂
I've always loved animals. When I was a kid, I had over 100 stuffed animals. If I had it my way, we would have had over 100 real live animals but alas....parents (eye roll)...am I right? Kidding kidding Love you mom! 😛
I remember calling my mom up one day at work because I had just seen one of those horrible TV commercials about dogs that were suffering on the street. They were asking for money to help the Humane Society feed and care for these dogs. I was balling my eyes out and I begged her to please let me sponsor a dog at a shelter. She must have been moved by my tears because she totally caved. I sponsored (well, my mom sponsored lol) this beautiful pup named Sprout and I got a picture and everything. I was so proud to have helped this dog get food and water and the care that he needed. It was probably one of my happiest animal memories...other than the day we got our dog, of course!
As an adult, I decided that becoming vegan was the best way I could make a difference for all the animals out there being killed for food unnecessarily. I've been a vegan now for about 10 years now. It feels good to eat completely free of guilt and knowing that I am making a difference in hundreds of animals lives a year. My hubby and I joined an animal rights march in Niagara Falls, ON, March on Marineland, a few years back too. It was so inspiring watching so many people gather together to support these beautiful creates of the sea. I look forward to living in a world one day where everyone loves animals as much as I do.
Ever since I was little I knew I was special. I mean, my mom had her tubes tied after my older sister so she wouldn't have any more kids and I here I am. What else could that possibly mean, right? 😉
Joking aside, I truly do believe that we are all here for a reason. We all have a purpose to fulfill and are designed with very individual gifts that we can use to bring something unique into this world. As a manifestor, one of my gifts is to literally manifest what I want into existence (kind of like how I am living my dream life now and not in my 60's ;)), by simply stating what I want. I'm a do-er and what I desire comes to life one way or another. I never knew I had this gift, since, as a child, being the "good kid" meant I was always doing what I was told and I never really had an opinion about anything. As I continually learn to manifest the life of my dreams, I discover my true manifesting gift is, inspiring people just by simply doing the things I want to do. Through the BodyMind coaching method, it's my dream to help you manifest the life you've always dreamed of, in a way that brings out the most amazing unique gifts you already have inside you!
I've developed a handful skills over the years. I am so privileged to have had more than my share of amazing coaches, mentors, teachers and friends who have helped guide and support me to be the badass I am (and still becoming) today. Here's a short list of my accomplishments that created the structure for me to learn from and some shout outs to the out of this world people who supported, encouraged and guided me along the way.
- 2019 BodyMind Coach training with Badass Laura Wieck (What an absolutely life changing experience this was! So many inspiring coaches and transformational moments! Laura Wieck and her team (and a ton of other badass coaches) helped me know myself, heal myself, believe in myself, be true to myself and how to bring the gift that is me to the world. Now, it is my heart-felt mission to bring this amazing knowledge and all of the life-changing insights I've discovered to you, to support you on your journey of self-discovery.)
- 2016 Certified Life Coach trained with Badass Life Coach Derrick Sweet (Derrick helped me see for the first time, my unique gift as a coach and guide. As a fellow animal rights activist. he inspired me to coach in accordance with my passion and joy for the love of all living beings.)
- 2006 Registered Massage Therapist (CMTO) with my badass teachers Gina & Lisa (These two wonderful teachers supported me and encouraged me to be the best massage therapist I could be. One taught me how to be a badass and hold my boundaries as an RMT while the other encouraged me to treat with compassion using her kind words and genuine nature.)
- 2006 Massage Therapy real world training with my Badass Physio Mentor/ friend/2nd mom Lilian Daymond (There's not enough space to write all the amazingness this magnificent human being has taught me. She has challenged me, taught me, supported me, coached me in everything from the human body to life in general. She's been my greatest mentor and support system for over 16 years now. The only way I can think of to thank her for the knowledge and gifts she shared with me is to share them with you. This is part of my mission as a coach, to pass on this incredible gift of knowledge and insight to you, so you can live your best life.)
- 2000 Manager at Petsmart trained with Badass business mentor Dean Newson ( this wonderful man taught me how to manage with humility when your staff resent you for being the leader, how to be kind to people, have fun - even if you're working, the importance of self-care - even if that means taking power naps on the dog food during a break, how to be genuine no matter what and how to run a business successfully. He helped me believe in myself and taught me how to have confidence even when I don't have all the answers)
- 1992 Athlete of the week at Erindale high school (It doesn't seem like much but this was epic for me, especially since my coach very much disliked me. It showed me I can achieve anything I want, regardless of whether or not others believe I can do it - can we say m-a-n-i-f-e-s-t-o-r?!)
- 1988 Nicknamed Quick by my very first mentor and basketball coach, Mr. Smith ( this sweet man believed in me and started me on my journey to believing in myself. Oh and he was possibly the sweetest human being on the planet - according to me anyway 🙂
- 2007 - Business & Life Inspiration with Tracy Cummings, My sister, my mentor, my coach, my friend, my go-to. (I hit the jackpot with this beautiful person! I am so grateful to have been blessed with a sister who is always there for me no matter what. She's helped and guided me through my all of the up's and down's of my business adventures and through this sometimes turbulent merry-go-round of life. Anything I need, she's there. Anything I want, she's got a way for me to find it. Anything I want to be, she supports me with excitement and encouragement. I am not sure where I'd be without her and I can't imagine a life without her. She even helped me with this website - see, amazing right? <3)